Thousands of miles, about 100 gallons of gas, and way too many Wendy's hamburgers, Somer and I finally arrived in D.C. last night! Highlights of the trip included blood stained mattresses in Nebraska, stumbling into the dark side of Columbus, OH, and discovering a King Kong restaurant (also in Nebraska,) that boasted not only "world famous gyros," but no fewer than 15 gorilla statues in front of the building! Thank goodness for the mix cd's everyone donated for the trip. They made a most marvelous soundtrack. :) Drew: Without your mix I would never be able to throw a rave. Thank you. ;)
We stumbled into my new apt around 8PMish, unloaded the car, met the new roomies and the home teachers. The apt is darling. The roommates seem great. I'm having reservations about this whole sharing a room thing, but I really don't have time to worry about it yet.
Today's to-do-list includes: somehow transporting my new bed here, finding somewhere preferably un-metered to park my car, figuring out where the devil the grocery store is, and how much a wireless router is since they advertised the apt as having wireless, but apparently that's not the case at the moment.
All technicalities aside, I'm absolutely overwhelmed/thrilled/petrified at the fact that I looked out the window this morning and saw the Pentagon. The weather looks to be sunny with a chance of homesickness.
O! And P.S. I would have posted pictures, 'cept I'm using someone else's laptop 'til we can either get that router or... Blast, I gotta go move the car.
Monday, April 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Melissa my dear-I am excited for you and hope everything goes well for you in D.C. Let me know about all your exciting adventures that are sure to come...
Post a Comment